08 May 2007

OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!

So, to start off, let me inform all zero of you that read this blog that I was put on this earth as an UNORGANIZED soul. Just because I was put here this way doesn't mean that I function well in chaos. So, I'm confused.

Is it a cruel joke? The joke really isn't that funny - never has been.

Is it just to see if I can figure my way into organization? In my 34+ years I have yet to figure this out. I sit down to figure out how to organize something and can't even organize my thoughts enough to actually set about organizing my project - at all.

I need help in learning HOW TO ORGANIZE so that it will help things run more smoothly. At work, at home, in my head..... everywhere. Where's the class that teaches you this stuff? And why don't they have a course on it in every grade? Okay maybe not every grade but we had a section on filling out tax forms in government class in high school. Can't some other teacher take the time to teach a lesson on organizational skills?

Arrrrrggghhh! The self doubt rises up and takes hold! Such self-doubt, grasshopper, will get you NOWHERE.

And speaking of self-doubt, I'm supposed to run this 5K on Sat. morning and I honestly keep talking myself out of doing it. Not that I won't finish but I really want to do well. I know I'm not in the best shape to do it and my mile time is not where it should be to compete but shouldn't I just look at this as a step in the process of getting better? If I don't stop from time to time to measure, how am I going to honestly know how I'm doing?

Right?

I may already have the answer to this but, can someone tell what the good is in figuring out all of this good advice when I can't apply it and incorporate it into my life?

Answer: None.

2 comments:

Ben O. said...

Good advice that you can't make use of is like a locked cookie case with no ball peen hammer anywhere in sight.

Ben O.

Katherine said...

Yea, it's so easy to SAY what you should do, but actually doing it is a whole 'nother thing. I KNOW I should be vacuuming right now, but nope, my ass is still sitting in this chair with no plans to rise any time soon. Definitely run the 5K. Do it for the pure fun and enjoymnet. Screw the time.