14 May 2008

Ridiculous Caloric Intake vs. Inferior Caloric Output

So after my last post - take a wild guess what's been on my mind...

Yeah. I did it.

I went out on a group bike ride Saturday morning. When we got back, it was lunchtime. And, of course, I was hungry. I pack up my bike and head home thinking I'll stop and get a Chik-Fil-A Chargrilled Chicken Sanwich (270 calories, 3.5g of fat. The regular sandwich? 410 calories, 16g of fat). It's only slightly out of the way - and now that gas is $4/gal I try to consolidate as many trips out as possible.

Then I remembered - I pass a Hardee's on the way home!!!! That was a sign, bitches!!!!!!!!

I get the burger, bring it home, let the dogs out, (left the bike in the car - it's called prioritizing) and set myself up in front of the TV with the recording of CSI that I missed on Thursday night.

It was wonderful. I ate slow - I tasted - I ate half (I can learn a lesson or two).

No regrets - until today. Don't ask me why but I looked up the calories:

"12. Worst Burger
Carl's Jr. Double Six Dollar Burger 1,520 calories 111 g fat Carl's brags about this, but also provides convenient nutrition info on its Web site —so ignorance is no excuse for eating it.A Simple Solution: The Low Carb Six Dollar Burger has just 490 calories.
"


So now take a wild guess what I won't be ingesting again for a very long time...

No comments: